CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

You Had To Write Family Circle?

Okay, so I get Family Circle magazine free 'cause I paid about $2 for Parent's. I didn't get it for its riveting content. I must say, though, I'm totally loving "Rosalind" from "Ask Rosalind." She totally wants to be me, but can't be 'cause she wants to make money.


The question to Rosalind in the October 17th issue is basically from a pussy mom whose 13yo "gets furious" when she makes her turn off her cell phone and stop texting. The enabler wants to know, "Should I set limits anyways?" Rosalind basically tells her to be the parent and give her some resources for setting limits through the telephone company. Here is my advice to the mother:

Dear Spineless:
Are you kidding me? Absolutely not! Limits are only for kids whose parents want them to be well adjusted and contributing members of society. Your child is already 13, and therefore, almost certainly on the path to a life of home wrecking, illegitimate children, and (most likely) some sort of addiction. Why teach your child about limits? She's never going to have to learn appropriate social behavior. I mean, she's totally going to be able to get that law degree and work a career without any knowledge of delayed gratification. And we know all about those children that have to earn their privileges. Totally unhappy. I mean, she's always going to go through life on her own terms, right? And making sure she's happy with you 100% of the time is the best way to show her that you love her. She'll be so thankful for your friendship when she cannot maintain a relationship or keep a job because of her constant hissy fits. If she makes it that far. Hope this helps!

0 comments: