CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dear Lady at 3 AM



Thanksgiving night, our TiVo ran out of lead time, and we were forced to watch commercials. I see that Toys R Us was going to open at midnight, and decided to go for both curiousity's sake and 'cause I'm broke.

After walking about a mile and standing out in the snowy coldness for an hour and a half, I finally made it into the store. I was able to find some sort of zen-ness and didn't beat a single person. I did ram a woman with my cart but, I claimed it was an accident, so it was all good. I selected my billion dollars worth of crap ('cause damned if my family isn't going to ask me to buy my son's presents for them at the last minute . . . a girl learns that she can either pick the shit out or deal with obnoxious toys . . . PS send your checks now 'cause I ain't floating ya'll for a month).

As I loaded up my crap into the car, a mother walks out with her son. Kid couldn't have been more than 5-6 years old. IT WAS 3-FRIGGIN-AM. She was chipper in the way that unstable people are chipper. He looked dead on his feet. I could've cried for the little guy.

Okay, mother of the year. Let's say that you didn't know that about a thousand billion people would show up. Let's also say that you didn't realize that it was going to be the coldest night of the year. What would possess you to bring your child to a MIDNIGHT SALE? Did you just buy your kid's Christmas presents in front of him? You didn't know anyone on the face of the planet that could let him sleep on the couch? At what point did making your child stand out in the FRIGGIN COLD for hours in the middle of the night seem like a great idea? Anyways, YOU SUCK. You should be glad I was too tired to make a scene, and didn't want your kid to know what an asshole you are.

(Oh, and I totally ripped off the picture. I live in a small town in the South, so we are too polite to push each other around. And there aren't this many people in the damn town.)

UPDATE! This is exactly this kind of shit I am talking about. Thank you, POW.

Top Photo: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhieDbuGODouw2ymErb-7kPJEP65arloC6A3yCRvdB_hxvoN33gocffimf7_Mw4Qpqtx6nzhl3jtY00hDyr7yETLneZ7gkgwi28JChlJL2veit-DC_zYBHH5suxV2OXhhjx1nmraqZL08P4/s400/A+BLACK+FRIDAY+CROWD.jpg
Update Photo: www.peopleofwalmart.com

0 comments: