CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

And the advice would be?

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to add how I handled the situation mentioned below. So, here we go:

Dear Me:
When your kid made it clear that he felt the old lady at church is a total Pat, how did you handle it?

Me:
I cringed and mumbled something apologetic to the shim. Once I had him alone, I totally told him that the chick is a chick. He argued. He's 3. It's normal for him to have strict gender ideas. That's developmentally appropriate. However, to avoid further embarrassment, I explained that if he ever felt like he didn't know if someone is a boy or a girl, he should ask me in private IN A QUIET VOICE. We talk ALOT about private. We also talk ALOT about quiet voices. He's gotta learn. In the car, we made a list of all the women we know with short hair, women Monster Truck drivers, etc. That's all you can do.

0 comments: