CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Maybe He Cain't Read None

This isn't in response to a question. This is in response to a grown-ass man my husband saw at the Wal-Mart and the two lovely ladies with him.


Okay, so my husband sees this dude in Wal-Mart wearing a "Fuck Bitches, Get Money" t-shirt.
I shit you not. I totally would've both sent his pic to People of Wal-Mart and accosted him for his misogyny had I seen it. Which is probably why my husband didn't tell me until we got to the car. He can be such a pussy sometimes. I mean, what's one little confrontation in the Wal-Mart? Geez. (On a side note, my husband claims he would have said something if our son was old enough to read. Yeah, right. Whatever. However, this rant is for another blog at another time. I guess I do always tell him that there can't be two bitches in a marriage and I called dibs.)

So, my problem is that somewhere this man has a mother. I'm assuming he didn't hatch. Furthermore, these women have mothers, too. And this is totally their fault. Granted, I'm not into all that psychoanalytic bullshit about blaming mothers for everything. But, come on. Who else can you blame for shit like this? I'm pretty sure it was Talib Kweli (or Mos Def, whatever, I never get to listen to grown up music anymore) that said, "Never disrespect women 'cause I love my Momma."

What possessed this grown man to purchase said t-shirt? What possessed this man to wear it into a store at which my son and tons of other impressionable children could see it? His mother didn't teach him better. Let's just say for shits and giggles that this man had a wonderful mother. Maybe he can't read and picked the shirt out because he thought the colors were flattering. Maybe.

How, in the ever loving universe, does this guy get two women to walk around the store with him? LOW-FRIGGIN-SELF-ESTEEM. I know the public education system ain't what it used to be, but I am assuming one of the two nitwits can at least read the words "Fuck" and "Bitch." This means that these women are perfectly fine with showing their support of his misogyny. Which is nauseating. I don't have a daughter, but I have friends that have them. Their biggest complaint? Finding clothing for their children that doesn't make them look like prostitots. Why are all the clothing tight, restrictive, and short? Why do so many minor children walk around with shit written across their asses? 'Cause their Mommas gave up.

(See? Her mother gave up. And now she's on the internet. Well, her ass is anyways. )

Stop giving up. Tell your daughters to dress like they have a bit of sense. Tell your daughters that any man that wears a t-shirt calling you a bitch is a sad, sad man. Tell them that there are men out there, like my husband, that love strong, independent women. Tell them that they deserve respect. And then go find the Wal-Mart security guard.

Top Photo: http://nycitygurl.wordpress.com/2008/07/10/the-bureau-t-shirt-of-the-day/
Bottom Photo: www.peopleofwalmart.com

0 comments: