CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sometimes Foods Are Really Annoying

Dear Snarky Mom:
My kid is always asking me for junk food. I try to keep a kitchen full of fruits and veggies, but its a constant battle. How do I get him to eat healthy foods? ~Fiber Mom

Dear Fiber Mom:
I totally get that, really, I do. I'm personally a fan of junk food, and my son has inherited my penchant for tastiness. I'm pretty sure that there isn't a kid out there that wouldn't live on goldfish and suckers if allowed. I get sick and tired of being pestered for crap, too. Here's what you do. Anytime he asks for crap, give him a long lecture about sometimes foods and anytime foods. Stretch it out. Provide examples. If you can, describe the food pyramid. Once his eyes glaze over, you can stop. Then offer him snacks any mom can be proud of. Repeat everytime he requests crap. Pretty soon he'll stop asking for crap because he doesn't want to hear the boring lecture. He'll just ask for good food. Only give him crap when he doesn't ask for it or you need an ace in the hole.

0 comments: